- talk to strangers, bystanders, bus riders, motorists – welcome people to join us next time
- help cars stuck in mass to exit to the right
- stop regularly if you’re in front (no matter how slowly you think you’re going, gaps are opening up behind you)
- stop at red lights when in front to allow the rest of the ride to “mass up” behind.
- keep going in dense packs through red lights to stick together and keep it safe for everyone.
- fill gaps; Critical Mass depends on bicycle density to displace cars.
- remember that pleasure and friendliness are more subversive than anger and blaming.
- race ahead to block cross traffic before the Mass has arrived
- ride into oncoming traffic on the wrong side of the road
- pick fights with motorists, even (especially) if they’re itching for one
- fail to turn and twist through the city to make the ride more interesting
- forget to smile and wave and talk to strangers!
- imagine that you are morally superior just cuz you’re on a bicycle (you’ll be in a car again soon enough)
- hesitate to tell other Massers what you think of their behavior, whether good or bad. Talk to each other!
- forget – we are all responsible to make Critical Mass what we want it to be.